Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Birdie oh Birdie


So I got home from work last night and Corban informed me that the trick I played on the bird wasn't very nice. I hadn't a clue what he was talking about, for I never played a trick on the bird. At least, not intentionally! We give her boxes frequently, as her hobby is to chew boxes to shreds better than any paper shredder, and I gave her an egg carton with an empty egg shell in it. I figured she'd chew or eat the egg shell like she does everything else, but instead, Corban got home yesterday and found the bird to be nesting!!! She is sitting on this empty half egg shell as if it were her own baby! I seriously wouldn't have imagined she'd have thought something that big came out of her, so now we feel bad taking it away from her, although when we do (soon!), she will probably miss it so much that she will have her own...she's only laid 3 eggs in her lifetime and we fully expect another one now that we've triggered her baby-hunger! The funny habits of animals ;)

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oh wow! That is seriously funny (and a little bit sad).


I swear to you, the "word verification" thing I have to type is corbnq. It's a sign! (I don't know what the sign means, though.)

jenn said...

Poor birdie!! Maternal instincts are so strong! :)

corbanandnoelle said...

Tee hee! She's okay now. The strange thing is, we are changing her diet and the "expert cockatoo" folk tell us we should feed her egg shell...I guess it just can't be whole egg shells!