Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Baby...29 week ultrasound




So we went in for our 29 week ultrasound yesterday and Little Girl Christensen was healthy as could be. We saw everything...the little bladder, the stuff that was in it, her little hands, her hand holding her knee, her head (Corban said to the doctor, "We both have big heads...are you sure her head isn't big? And the doctor reassured him that her head it of normal size!), her other hand holding her knee, her little "Virginia" as the doctor calls it (I half-feared we'd go in yesterday and she'd have a little 'thingey' since we've already got so many pink clothes, but the doctor said it is the funniest looking boy's thingey he's ever seen if it is one!), and the two things that stand out in my mind were that the doctor said she was "long-legged and has a little pot belly!" I thought it was so cute! With the two of us, I'm not sure how she wouldn't be long-legged! I love it! I'd love to post a pic of the ultrasound, but the electricity went out before we could see any more, and so we get to go back and have another one! YEAH! My mom says they aren't good for the baby, but I can never see enough of her (she was kicking in protest of the ultrasound, I must say! I was having earthquakes in my stomach!) The electricity went out right as I was looking at her cute little hand and I was disappointed! We've been looking at my fat-faced double chinned baby pics all week and wondering if she will look like I did as a baby! I could have won FIRST prize in a funny-looking baby contest when I was 3.5 months old, believe it or not (no worries, Mom, I turned out okay!) Anyhow, aren't ultrasounds and babies FUN!? I look forward to meeting her (in late November or early December...not NOW!)

10 comments:

Erin said...

Too bad you didn't get pictures. But if that means you get to see her again before she actually arrives, good for you! And I love the pics on the side of your blog...pretty soon they will be replaced by tons and tons of cute girlie pictures.

corbanandnoelle said...

Yeah! Cute baby pictures with lots of PINK! I am TOTALLY glad we get another ultrasound! I start to miss her in between, so I will schedule it for a few weeks down the road!

Harmoni Osborn said...

I was totally spoiled with an ultrasound EVERY month for the boys!!! And NO they don't hurt them!!! You're mom's silly! :p) I totally know what you mean...you can't WAIT to see them again!! It'll be hard w/ my next one to only get a few ultrasounds total!!

I am so happy for you guys!! So fun!! Are you gonna do a 3-D one?

corbanandnoelle said...

Well, there is controversy about whether or not ultrasounds affect the baby! I was reading over some of it...http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080729144330AAPo8QD

But, anyway! That is awesome you got to see the boys every month! I would love to see this little one all the time! I don't know if they do 3Ds or not...I think they do, but I can't be sure...will let you know! And thanks for sharing in our excitement! We can't wait! Love you tons, Cous!

Rebecca S said...

Noelle Congratulations! You are a cute little prego lady. I'm glad to find your blog - I don't love that facebook, these make it so much easier to keep track of people. I agree - ultrasounds are so fun, the only thing that would make them better would be siting on a couch with popcorn and your tummy covered :) Do you remember that day you made me waffles? I think about it alot.

Christine said...

Woohoo, ultrasounds rock! When I was preg with Melissa i actually got a VIDEO of her ultrasound! That was the best ever!

Harmoni Osborn said...

Did you know that you can record your ultrasounds? Everytime we had one we took in a blank tape and recorded what the dr was doing on the monitor! Pretty cool! And then my tech savvy comp nerd hubby converted that to a video on the comp so we could share w/ fam/friends! Pretty neat what we can do these days!! :p)

Erin said...

Those pictures ROCK! I love the double chin. I have one in my baby pictures too, and it's only a little smaller than this one. Awesome!

Cori said...

Is that Kimball with Corban in the tub?

corbanandnoelle said...

It IS Kimball with Corban in the tub! Those two were inseparable!